Frequently Asked Questions

1Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Beginning in the Summer of 2013, the State of Texas requires all voters to present an approved form of photo identification at the polls. Approved Photo IDs include Texas Driver License, Texas Election Identification Certificate, Texas Personal Identification Card, Texas Concealed Handgun License, United States Military Identification Card, United States Citizenship Certificate, United States Passport. For more information, please read the Texas Secretary of State's web article about this requirement.
2How do I register to vote?
You can visit the Texas Secretary of State's Office Voter Registration webpage to download an electronic version of the Texas Voter Registration Application. All Voter Registration Applications must be submitted to the Elections Office in person or by mail. To be eligible to vote in an election, your Voter Registration Application must be received or postmarked by the 30th day before the election. The physical address for the Fort Bend County Elections Office is 4520 Reading Rd, Ste A-400, Rosenberg, TX 77471. The mailing address for the Elections Office is 301 Jackson St, Richmond TX 77469.
3How do I check to see if I am registered to vote?
To confirm your voter registration, use the Voter Registration Database Search on the Fort Bend County Elections Office website.
4How can I change my name or address on my voter registration card?
If you are new to Fort Bend County, you will need to complete a new Voter Registration Application. If you are already registered to vote in Fort Bend, but need to update your name or address, you may do so online via the Texas Office of the Secretary of State Voter Name and Address Changes webpage. Changes must be submitted 30 days before the election.
5How do I find out what districts I live in?
To find out which Congressional District, State Senate District, State Representative District, Commissioner Precinct and more that you live in, refer to the voter registration card you receive in the mail from Fort Bend County. You can view an electronic image of your voter registration card and see a list of your elected officials, by completing the information in the "Search for a Voter Using Name and Date of Birth" section of the county Voter Database Search. You can find your state and federal level representatives online via the Who Represents Me? website.
6Where can I find my voting precinct number?
To find your Voting Precinct Number, refer to the voter registration card you receive in the mail from Fort Bend County. You can also get your precinct number online via the Fort Bend County Voter Database.
7Am I eligible to vote by mail?
Registered voters ages 65 or older on Election Day, voters away from the county during both Early Voting and Election Day, and voters limited by disability are among those eligible to vote by mail. For more information on this convenience or to request a Ballot By Mail Application, visit the Vote by Mail page of the County website. You may request a Ballot By Mail Application beginning January 1st of each year. All requests must be received by the Elections Office no later than 11 days before Election Day.
8I am in the Military and based outside of the U.S. How can I vote?
First of all... Thank You for your service! U.S. citizens who live outside of the U.S., including members of our Armed Forces and their families, may vote using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to request a Ballot By Mail. Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website for more information on this program and to download a FPCA form.
9I did not vote in the election this year. Can I vote in the runoff election?
Yes. If you are a registered voter eligible to vote by the date of the Runoff Election, you may vote in the Runoff even if you did not vote in the original election. You cannot, however, vote in one party's Primary Election and the other party's Primary Runoff Election in the same year.
10Where can I find an official sample ballot?
You can access the sample ballot specific to your Voting Precinct on the Sample Ballot page of the Fort Bend County website.
11I don't have my Voter Registration Card. What do I do?
You are not required to show you Voter Registration Certificate to vote. However, if you have not received a copy of your current card, you may request a new one from the Voter Registrar's Office. Their number is 281.341.8670.